As Assistant to the Publisher, you will support the publisher in all facets of the publication, including communications with editorial subjects, our advertisers, our printer and our subscribers. In addition, the Assistant to the Publisher will contribute to the execution of our blog posts and weekly newsletter as well as help manage subscription inquiries.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day administrative support, including managing calendars and ordering office supplies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with advertisers, including coordinating delivery of ads.
- Maintain quarterly reports, including advertiser and tax reports.
- Manage subscriber requests.
- Assist in creating blog posts on WordPress and weekly e-newsletter templates in Mailchimp.
- Prepare agreements, quotes and invoices.
- Form mailing lists and conduct quarterly magazine distribution.
- Assist with annual events.
- 15-20 hours/week
The ideal candidate is:
- Extremely attentive to detail and very organized.
- Highly proficient in English with outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Is a multitasker and self-motivated.
- Able to work within a team.
- Has the ability to creatively problem solve and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Has prior office experience, administrative experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite a plus.
- Knowledge of Subscription Genius, Wordpress and MailChimp a plus.
Pay commensurate with experience, starting at $18/hour. To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to William Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org.