Your grand China tour begins in Beijing. Enjoy an exploration of the beauty of the imperial city and meetings with urban Chinese residents. Visit the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace and Great Wall – all UNESCO World heritage sites.
Then travel by air to Shanghai, China’s most populous city and economic powerhouse. The European Bund still retains the glamour of the colonial era; modern western pubs and bars and boutiques scatter all around the center of Shanghai. Visit the traditional Yuyuan Garden and explore the new and old parts of Shanghai.
Next, take a high-speed train to the ancient city of Suzhou where gardens centuries old still remain. See their pavilions, rockery hills, miniature waterfalls, pond-sized lakes filled with colored carp and lotus leaves. Suzhou is also noted for its silk embroidery and the Grand Canal.
Your tour itinerary also includes Guilin, Yangshuo and Longsheng, the south China region of picturesque karsts mountains rising from rice paddies. This is one of the most idyllic landscapes of China, and your cruise down the Li River will reveal its beauties at each bend of the river.
Spend an optional day touring Shenzhen, the 4th largest city and “Silicon Valley” of China, with booming development and incredible modern design present throughout the city.
Alternatively, remain in Hong Kong for a free day at your leisure. Fly home from Shenzhen and arrive the same day.
Day One – Depart from North America
Days Two – Five – Beijing Touring
- Stay at the Fairmont Beijing Hotel
- Sightseeing tour by private vehicle to visit Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City
- Pedicab tour of Huton and the Courtyard
- Sightsee the Wild Great Wall at Badaling Section and Commune by the Great Wall
- View the exterior of modern architectural landmarks: Chaoyang Park Plaza and Phoenix TV Beijing Headquarters
- Visit Temple of Heaven, 798 Modern Art Complex, and shop at the Parkview Green FanCaoDi / Place
- Take an exterior visit at the CCTV Headquarters.
Day Six – Shanhaiguan – Qinhuangdao – Beidaihe
- Sightseeing tour by private vehicle to visit the the Great Wall, Seaside Chapel, and Seaside Library
- Stay at Aranya AnLan Hotel
Day Seven – Shanghai Pudong
- Visit Yangshan Deep-water Port and walk the observation deck on the Yangshan Island
- Transfer to the Shanghai City center and tour the Bund
- Stay at the Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai Hotel
Day Eight – Shanghai Touring
- Sightseeing tour by private vehicle to visit the Yuyuan Garden, the French Concession Area, and Xintiandi Area
- Xiao long bao (soup-filled dumplings) at Dingtaifeng Restaurant
- Long Museum by Atelier Deshaus
- Shanghai Pavilion
- Chi She and FAB Union Art Spaces by Archi-Union
- New West Bund Museum Art District
- Pudong New Area and Shanghai Tower to have a bird’s eye view of the city night view
Day Nine – Suzhou
- Sightseeing tour of Suzhou to visit the following sites the Zhongshuge Bookstore, Zhouzheng Garden (UNESCO), and Lingering Garden (UNESCO)
- Enjoy a local cuisine lunch at a local restaurant
- Pingjiang Road and Suzhou Museum
- View the exteriors of Suzhou Industrial Park and SPG Global Tower
- Longjing Tea Plantation and China Tea Museum
- Transfer to Train station to return to Shanghai
Day Ten – Guilin – Yangshuo
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Fly to Guilin and transfer directly to Yangshuo
- Stay at Alila Hotel Yangshuo (Sugar House Retreat).
Day Eleven – Yangshuo
- Take a 4-hour cruise on the Li River from Yangshuo to Yangdi with Lunch onboard, then return back for Yangshuo tour
- Moon Hill Park – Big Banyan tree
- Impression Liusanjie show in the evening (VIP seat)
Day Twelve – Shenzhen
- See the exteriors of Huarun Mansion – ChunSun and Kingkey 100 and visit Ping An Finance center to have a bird’s eye view of the city
- Stay at Shenzhen Atour Binhe Shidai Hotel; a deluxe modern hotel situated inside of KK One complex, the landmark building of Shenzhen Fudian CBD
- Lianhuashan Park
Day Thirteen – Shenzhen
- Sightseeing tour to visit the Shenzhen Art Museum, OCT District and Design Museum, and Sea World
- Windows of the World
Day Fourteen – Departure
Transfer to the Shenzhen Airport for your home-bound flight.
- $4,550 USD per person, double occupancy (10 or more travelers)
- $4,950 USD per person, double occupancy (6-9 travelers)
- $5,850 USD per person, double occupancy (3-5 travelers)
- $6,250 USD per person, double occupancy (2 travelers)
Included in the above prices are hotel accommodations with breakfast, touring domestic taxes, all sightseeing activities and events listed in the itinerary, specified meals and bottled water, private professional English-speaking local tour guide, and air-conditioned vehicles for sightseeing.
Not included in the travel package are airfare, visa processing (AAT offers at discount for this expense), trip cancellation and insurance, gratuities, and items not listed on the itinerary.